off the dock, outta this world
Our lobsters are caught daily by local lobstermen and hand selected to ensure the best quality and price. Sweet, tender, and easy to prepare; they are the perfect pick for a New England summer feast.
With the first documented catch dating back to the 1600s, the Maine lobster industry is one of the oldest operations in North America. As tastes evolved and technology advanced, lobster rapidly rose in popularity throughout the US in the mid-19th century. The first commercial lobster fishery was established in the 1840s and the Maine lobster industry boomed.
Our focus on sustainability and conservation is forefront in our minds at all times. This collaborative effort for the future not only benefits the species, but the oceans as a whole and the local industry that thrives on it. Off The Dock Lobsters partners with the Port Clyde lobster co-op to ensure a healthy future with an abundance of lobster for everyone to enjoy.
Steam up some lobster
1. Choose a pot large enough to hold all the lobsters comfortably; do not over crowd them
2. Add about 2 inches of salted water to the pot
3. Place steaming rack in the pot and bring to a rolling boil on high heat.
4. Add the live lobsters one at a time. Begin the timer based on the weight/time chart.
5. Move the lobsters around in the pot about halfway through then recover.